What comes to mind when you think of the best ceramic frying pan? If you share the love for home baked eggs, I would advise you to go for the ceramic non-stick cookware. But what factors do you look for when identifying the best ceramic omelet pan?
Having worked with several ceramic frying pans currently available in the market, I believe a good pan must:
- Have an even base made of a suitable metal that ensures fast and even heat transfer.
- Have a non-stick relatively fair sized with respect to the size of your household.
- Have a proven longer life span without deteriorating its surface.
Traditionally, most individuals relied on Teflon-coated cookware that has been proven to pose serious health risks to their users. When used over time, these pans absorbed different food flavors that end up in your current omelet. That’s why we recommend the use of ceramic frying pans as they don’t stick and neither do they affect food flavors.
To help you arrive at a conclusive decision, we outline five of the best ceramic frying pans.
Reviews of 5 Best Ceramic Frying Pans
This pan draws its uniqueness from its composition that includes a high-grade aluminum and natural earthy materials. The aluminum ensures heat conduction while the five layered ceramic coating boosts its appeal and non-stick features. The pan is also relatively light and doesn’t contain any harmful substances like lead, PTFE or PFOA.
Why should you buy the WaxonWare non-ceramic?
- The five layer ceramic ensures the pan never loses its nonstick features even after prolonged use.
- Comes available with a table mat that allows placement on the table directly from the stovetop.
- The pan can be used on different cooking surfaces without glazing glass tops as well as induction cooking surface.
- It’s ceramic coating ensures the pan is more oil and water efficient compared to other ceramic and non-ceramic cookware.
Cons associated with WaxonWare ceramic
- The main inconvenience with the pan is its inability to withstand high heat cooking surfaces. This makes it unsuitable for commercial purposes.
- Additionally, the 11-inch pan is quite bigger for the standard range of cooking tops.
The pros of this pan far outweigh its perceived cons. It’s size makes is a perfect kitchen article for a medium sized family setting as it allows cooking of multiple egg omelets at the same time.
The Ozeri green earth pan is made of highly durable heavy-gauge die-cast aluminum and features a 100 percent ceramic coating. The pan also has one of the flattest bases that ensures even distribution of heat and corresponding browning of the egg.
Why should you buy the Ozeri Green frying pan?
- It has a magnetized bottom that makes it a favorite for the induction stoves for its rapid heat transfer capabilities.
- The ceramic used to make this particular pan isn’t only non-stick but also unscratchable even with steel cooking spoons or spatula.
- It has a lower concentration of ceramic and therefore cools faster than any other ceramic frying pan.
Cons associated with the Green pan
- It wears off quickly. The probably will wear off quick faster than any other ceramic pan, probably due to its low ceramic concentration.
- If you buy this pan, you might end up using larger amounts of oil in contrary to the manufacturer's recommendations in an attempt to reduce the food stick.
This pan's bright color is appealing and adds to your kitchen elegance. Nonetheless, the pan is only suitable for single persons that don’t bake eggs regularly. Plus you have to strictly adhere to the manufacturer instructions if you wish to use for long.
The green life soft grip ceramic frying pan is the real reflection of perfected small but quality ceramic layers. Like most of its predecessors, the pan is aluminum reinforced but outdoes them in all in terms of quality.
Why should you buy the GreenLife ceramic?
- They are available in different sizes and, therefore, an excellent choice for various customers as it fits different household sizes.
- The pan is also fitted with a soft-touch Bakelite handle that allows for a soft touch over high temperatures.
- The ceramic pan is dishwasher friendly.
Cons associated with the GreenLife ceramic pan
- The pan is highly delicate and chips and scratches easily upon rough contact with harder kitchen items.
- You also have to be cautious about the oils you use with this ceramic cookware as it doesn’t react well to some.
- Additionally, you should not use sprays on this pan.
The pan is only suitable for individuals and families that don’t heavily rely on the pans for everyday egg-cooking if they are to last.
There are several varieties of the Gisbon home ceramic frying pans. These pans are available in several sizes ranging from 7 to 10 inches and come available in either white or green interior colors. They have a charcoal gray exterior that is reinforced with a heat resistant paint.
Whys should you buy Gisbon frying pans?
- These are chip and scratch resistant thanks to the exterior layer of non-pollutant heat resistant paint.
- They are lightweight and most sturdy making them easy to handle on the stove.
- They are also the only ceramic frying pans that come along with tempered glass lids.
Cons associated with the Gisbon pans
- The pan turns sticky after extended periods of heavy use. It, therefore, demands a lot of time and extra cleaning resources like lime and vinegar to get the sticky food scraps off.
- Some have loosely fitted handles making resulting in food sticking between the rivets thereby complicating cleaning.
The fact that these pans are available in different sizes makes them a perfect choice for small to medium households. You only have to adhere to the manufacturer’s handling instructions.
These frying pans are coated with healthy and non-stick thermolon ceramic that and fitted with a Bakelite safe handle. This ceramic draws its uniqueness from its large size and ability to withstand relatively higher temperatures.
Why should you buy the Greenlife soft grip ceramic?
- These fry pans have the most stable ceramic base.
- Unlike other ceramic frying pans, the GreenLife soft grip has high heat tolerance levels.
- It is more resilient to thermal shocks.
Cons associated with the pans
- The biggest shortfall to these pans is that they are scratch easily.
The Turquoise frying pan is most suitable for bigger family’s settings that may bake multiple eggs at the same time.
Each of these ceramic frying pans has their fair share of both positive reasons why you should carry them home as well as others that would make you wish you never bought them.
Nonetheless, I still think the WaxonWare Deep Frying Pan takes the day with its suite of benefits. If your primary motivation for buying a ceramic pan lies in avoiding the problems of food sticking on pans, consider the WaxonWare pan. It remains the best ceramic frying pan of all time with its unsurpassed durability and resource efficiency features.