Perhaps pho is the first food reminding the international friends about Vietnam. Undoubtedly, among Vietnamese pho dishes, fish pho is always well-deserved on the top of the distinguished noodles.
Part I: Broth for fish “pho”
- – 5 kg pork bones
- – 1 chicken
- – 2 tablespoons salt
- – 6 litters boiling water
- Add salt to pork bones and chicken, mix well and marinate in some hours, rinse with warm water many times until removing all salty taste.
- Add 6 litters water to the pot of pork bone and chicken, boil in the high heat, take out the impurities, then add 1/2 liter of water, when boiling, scum the impurities the second time, then continue to add 1/2 liter of water, boiling, and discard scum. Add 1/2 liter of water the fourth time and remove the scum again. Add grilled onion and grilled shallot, and some salt.
- Cook pork bone and chicken in 2 hours. When the chicken is tender, take out together with onion; after 1more hour, pork bone is soft, extract the clear broth to use, add fish sauce, rock sugar and a little fish powder.
Reference: Pho bo recipe: once try, once fascinated
How to make pho tron (Hanoi mixed pho noodles) fantastic for weekends
Recipe for Vietnamese Fried Noodles (Pho chien) more delish than that in the restaurants
Part 2: Spices
- 2 grilled onion
- 1 grilled ginger
- 1 nutmeg
- 2 star anises
- Fish sauce, rock sugar
Grill or fry slightly the above spices, place into the cloth, and then put to the broth. About 30 minutes, take out to gain the gentle flavor. Make sure do not cook too long to avoid them being broken, and broth will not be dark or have the strong smell.
Part 3: Preparing fresh fish for fish “pho”
- 1 kg of mackerel fish
- 1 tsp sugar
- 1 tsp of dill powder
- 1 spoon fish sauce
- 1 bowl of fresh pork pie
- 8 roots of spring onion
- 1/4 tsp of black pepper
- Vietnamese onion, fried until golden
- Spring onion, coriander, basil, bean sprout, sawtooth herb
- Remove the skin of mackerel fish, marinate spices, grind well.
- Mix fresh pork pie and fish with dill, put tightly in a plastic box.
- Place fish in the noodle broth, boil, leave cool, cut into rectangle pieces, then assemble to the noodle bowl. Add coriander, some white parts of spring onion, some chili pepper slices, fried shallot, and black pepper.
- Scoop the broth of fish “pho” to the serving bowl. Make sure it is really hot. Now, we have finished the tasty fish pho including full of nutrients.