A lot of people love the stew meat because this is the leanest type of meats, so it would be wonderful in any recipes it goes with. But you are thinking of what make with stew meat? The options are numerous out there for you, which all are great for stew meat and definitely suit your taste. However, most commonly, stew meat is cooked with carrots and potatoes. Also, people around the world have different ways to cook with the same ingredients. Here are two recipes that will be tasty and luscious for stew meat.
French Style of Beef Stew Recipe
In fact, the French is very well-known for their style of cooking beef stew, they know how to bring out the best flavor in beef, they know how make it more tasty than other styles and they are really good at making their beef stew taste heavenly, which definitely brings the unforgettable feeling to any eaters. Also, the French also like to pair wine to their recipe, which makes their recipes a bit different from somewhere else. But that makes the special note for the French style beef stew and now are you ready to start?
- Beef stew (diced) – 2 pounds
- Carrot (chopped) – 2 medium
- Onion (chopped) – 2 medium
- Red wine – 3 cups
- Red wine vinegar – ¾ cup
- bouquet garni – 1
For the stew
- Oil – 3 tablespoons
- Yellow onion (chopped) – 1 medium
- Garlic (minced) – 3 cloves
- Plain tomato sauce – 1 ½ can
- Garlic – 4 whole cloves
- Carrot (cut into bite-sized chunks) – 2 medium
- Turnip (cut into bite-sized chunks) – 3
- Rutabagas (cut into bite-sized chunks) – 2
- Parsnip (cut into bite-sized chunks) – 2
- Potato (cut into bite-sized chunks) – 2 medium
- Salt – 2 teaspoons
- Ground black pepper – ½ teaspoon
- Add the beef, chopped onions, chopped carrots and the bouquet garni in a dutch oven, and then pour the red wine like bordeux and red wine vinegar to the pot. Make sure that the liquid cover all the ingredients, and then place this in the fridge for marinate for 24 hours.
- And now the beef is definitely absorbed enough wine and vinegar. The beef will get a darker after marinate, remove the beef from the mixture and pat it with a tower to get rid of the excess water.
- Let oil heated in your dutch oven, then add the beef. You shouldn’t let the beef dices overcrowded, when your beef are brown all sides, it is ok to remove from the pot and place to a bowl.
- In the same pot with remaining grease and brown crust on the bottom, add the onions, stir and cook until brown, and then add garlic stir for another minutes.
- Strain all the ingredients in the marinate mixture over the dutch oven, and discard carrots and onions but don’t throw away the bouquet garni.
- Add the cooked beef, bouquet garni and 4 whole cloves of garlic to the dutch oven.
- Bring the dutch oven to a boil, when it is cooked through, let it simmered for 1 hour.
- Add the remaining ingredients including tomato sauce and vegetables to the dutch oven and cook for another hour, until all vegetables are tender.
- Now you can serve with rice, or bread.
Beef Stew Recipe With A Slow Cooker
There are some reasons for why stew meat often goes with slow cooking style, that is stew meat is often thick, so need to take time to tenderize. Also, the pre-prepared meals overnight can go with it easier and since the invention of pressure cooker, people has explored their way to cook beef stew without taking care of it too much, they will have time for doing chores but still have the meal ready. And now start your beef stew recipe with a pressure cooker.
- Beef stew – 2 pounds
- Carrot (diced) – 4
- Beef broth – 3 cups
- Water – 1 cup
- Oil – 3 tablespoons
- Garlic – 4 cloves
- Tomato paste – 1 tablespoon
- Bay leaves – 2
- Onion (sliced) – 1
- Thyme – 6 sprigs
- Season the beef with salt and pepper.
- Let oil heated in the pressure cooker, place the beef and cook for 3 – 5 minutes, give it stir occasionally for evenly brown the sides of beef.
- Add onions, carrots and garlic to the cooker, stir and sauté for several minutes, and then add the beef broth, tomato paste, bay leaves and thyme to the cooker.
- Cover the lid and start to cook for several hours.
- It’s done.